Job Summary: International company with facilities throughout the US is looking for a person experienced in sourcing and purchasing industrial packaging. This is a new position designed to trim down the number of SKU’s to a more manageable number and create a more efficient system. A person who is strategic, is needed to create and implement a plan. Must have excellent people skills and the ability to get “buy in” from internal customers. Build relationships with vendors. Source, negotiate and purchase packaging materials for chemicals. Domestic travel about one week a month.
- Source, negotiate and purchase packaging materials
- Create and implement a plan to streamline processes regarding packaging
- Work closely with internal teams and building relationships with vendors
- Analyze packaging needs and create forecasts
- Travel to facilities and some vendor locations within the US.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- 5 to 10 years’ experience purchasing industrial packaging especially for chemicals
- Experience creating and implementing processes and new policies
- 5+ years’ experience sourcing, negotiating and purchasing
- Strong experience managing suppliers
- Strong computer skills. JD Edwards and/or SAP experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade