Job Title: Buyer
Required Industry Experience: 2-5 years
Compensation Package: DOQ
Area: Southwest suburbs
Status: Temporary 3-6+ months
Job #: 1623
Job Summary: Privately held manufacturing firm has a need for a temporary buyer to help with workload. Purchase materials and components from established suppliers. Process PO’s. Keep in touch with suppliers regarding order status. Any other purchasing department duties as needed.
- Process PO’s promptly and accurately ensuring materials for production arrive on time.
- Purchase mechanical parts from established vendors working with Engineering on particular materials specifications.
- Keep internal customers apprised of order status and expected delivery times.
- Order non-production supplies to support overall operations
- Communicate with accounting any changes in terms.
- 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing purchasing department
- Mechanical parts purchasing experience.
- Reading blueprints highly preferred.
- SAP MRP experience required.
- Works well with a team environment and a willingness to pitch in is needed.
- Maintain a high sense of urgency on purchasing and supplier communications.