Job Title: Sourcing Engineer/Manager
Position Status: Direct Hire
Required Industry Experience: Manufacturing
Location: St. Paul Metro Area
Job #: 1349
Job Summary: International company in St. Paul suburb seeks individual with strong sourcing and purchasing experience. Strategic sourcing of suppliers for raw materials, finished materials and services. Negotiate with domestic and international suppliers. This is a very highly analytical position. Develop should cost models for materials. Works cross functionally with Sales, Engineers and Supply Chain personal to complete very complex and high level projects. Responsible for delivering results. Approximately 40% travel.
- Manage sourcing and purchasing of materials for highly complex projects
- Project management sourcing for materials
- Evaluate vendor proposals and technical information
- Reviews and analyzes market trends and pricing to leverage negotiation of contracts.
- Participates in project management teams lending through subject matter expertise.
- Create estimates for sales teams, should cost models for materials and logistics solutions so deliveries are on time
- Analyze current practices for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Implementation of formal purchasing processes
- Travel domestically and internationally
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference towards engineering degree. Master’s degree ideal.
- APICS or ISM continuing education preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience of sourcing and procurement from a global supply base
- 6 years’ experience in project management
- Ability to communicate, influence and provide leadership to executive management.
- Strong leadership, communications, negotiating, and decision making skills.
- MS Office proficiency; Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and ERP skills.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time
- Bi-lingual a big plus especially Portuguese, Spanish or Asian languages
Keywords: Purchasing, Sourcing, Project Management, Continuous Improvement, ERP, Supply Chain, Materials, Procurement, Sr. Buyer, Strategic, Engineer, Commodity Manager, APICS, ISM, CPIM, CPM.